the CaptionMate application, operated by CaptionMate LLC,
collects, stores, uses, and manages the information, including personal information, and data that you provide or we collect in
connection with our application.
By using the Application, you are expressing your agreement to this Policy and the
processing of your information and data, including your personal information, in the manner provided in this Policy.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE APPLICATION.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us with the information provided in the
Contact Information at the bottom of this Policy.
INFORMATION AND DATA WE COLLECT
- When you register for this application, we collect profile information that you volunteer (such as name, email address, mailing address, registered location, phone number, birthday, last four digits of your social security number, etc.).
When you use this application, you generate CPNI (Customer Proprietary Network Information). It includes the time, date, duration and destination number of each call and
the type of network you subscribe to.
- When you use this application, we automatically collect other device information such as the type of phone you use and the operating system version.
When you use this application, we collect information about the phone calls that you make and receive, in order to process the calls and in order to
collect reimbursement for these calls as appropriate.
At the end of each call, we may collect satisfaction ratings and complaint codes, including free-form text, that you may choose to volunteer.
When you make or receive calls using this application, we temporarily collect the audio speech of the phone call, for the purposes of transcribing that speech and displaying that speech on your screen. This information is immediately discarded
from our equipment upon the end of a telephone call.
We do NOT permanently store your speech or that of other parties on your phone calls, or the transcription of such speech. We collect
this information only to transcribe the speech into text, and then it is discarded by us.
Likewise, the speech engine that we use to create the transcriptions also DOES NOT permanently store your speech or that of other
parties on your phone calls, or the transcription of such speech. CaptionMate pays a surcharge to the speech engine in order to ensure complete privacy.
HOW WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT
CaptionMate's first goal in using information are to provide the Service to you, improve our Service,
conduct research and create reports for internal use. We store information on servers located in the United States
via third parties as well as on our own servers.
Our second goal in using the information is to report your usage to the FCC, who sponsors this application,
in accordance with their policies and reporting requirements.
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE THE DATA WE COLLECT TO THIRD PARTIES
CaptionMate uses the services of third parties in order to transcribe speech into text. Neither the audio nor the transcription is
saved anywhere by our servers or by the third parties.
We may share your public "CaptionMate" number, your authorized phone numbers, and demographic details including your
registered locations for emergency services, your name and your mailing address with our telephone carrier, appropriate emergency services contacts,
and our middleware for managing calls and transcriptions. This sharing is necessary to manage and caption your phone calls,
to ensure emergency services, and to ensure that your calls are forwarded to the correct location. We may also share your name
with our telephone carrier in order to provide caller id services.
- may use, disclose or permit access to CPNI for the purposes of claiming compensation from the FCC, , in accordance with their policies and reporting requirements.
- may use, disclose or permit access to CPNI derived from its provision of TRS without customer approval, for the provision of CPE or iTRS access technology, and call answering, voice or video mail or messaging, voice or video storage and retrieval services.
- may use, disclose, or permit access to CPNI, without customer approval, in its provision of inside wiring installation, maintenance, and repair services.
- may use CPNI, without customer approval, to market services formerly known as adjunct-to-basic services, such as, but not limited to, speed dialing, call waiting, caller I.D., and call forwarding, only to those customers that are currently registered with that TRS provider as their default provider.
use, disclose, or permit access to CPNI to the extent necessary to:
- Accept and handle 911/E911 calls;
- (ii) Access, either directly or via a third party, a commercially available database that will allow the TRS provider to determine an appropriate Public Safety Answering Point, designated statewide default answering point, or appropriate local emergency authority that corresponds to the caller's location;
- (iii) Relay the 911/E911 call to that entity; and
- (iv) Facilitate the dispatch and response of emergency service or law enforcement personnel to the caller's location, in the event that the 911/E911 call is disconnected or the caller becomes incapacitated
You have a right to know what information we hold about you and in some cases to have the information communicated to you.
If you wish to exercise this right please contact us letting us know that you wish to exercise your right of access
and what information in particular you would like to receive. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to
verify your identity before we provide you with any information, and the law permits us to charge a fee
for exercising this right of access. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for,
we will endeavour to tell you why. We will try to respond to any request within a reasonable timeframe.
OPTING OUT OF NEWSLETTERS
You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter by 1) opting out during the registration process, 2) opting out by changing your settings in your profile menu,
or 3) by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails that we deem necessary
to communicate important product announcements.
CaptionMate takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected on the Service in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage on our systems.
Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party hackers from illegally obtaining access to this information. We do not warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Service and in accordance with FCC regulations. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our data and information privacy practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
CONTACT INFORMATION OF DATA CONTROLLER
4295 Cromwell Rd, Suite 309
Chattanooga, TN 37421
If you have any questions or concerns about our data privacy practices, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal information, please contact us at: